Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Profile- Angelina Jolie

The profile I chose to read was on Angelina Jolie. The profile was published in the year of 2008 so it is a bit outdated. The profile focuses on her role as a mother and the way her family works.  The beginning of the profile starts out by talking about her pregnancy. It talks about how most women will hate pregnancy and it continues to talk about how positive pregnancy was for Angelina.  After, she speaks about her family life including her relationship with Brad Pitt and how they manage their family they have together. They discuss how they work their family and give examples about how they never have people stay the night. It is just a certain thing they believe in as a family and it is what works for them. The article also talks about how family oriented Angelina is. They discuss the controversy over Angelina and Brad not being married, Angelina states that its what works for them. The profile then discusses her parenting and how she handles having children that she adopted compared to the child she gave birth to. It talks about how she sees no difference. Angelina states that these children are a gift to her. The article then continues on about her children as well as details about her childhood life and her mother.
            I enjoyed reading this profile. The profile is extremely positive and lets readers view Angelina Jolie as a great mother and wife.  I was a little surprised by the length of the profile because it was 4 pages. I know that profiles tend to be longer than traditional news articles but was still a little shocked. The profile used many details that captured her beauty as a mother by using graceful adjectives.  The article covered all of the characteristics of a good profile. While reading I could really capture her mannerisms, feelings as well as her attitude towards motherhood and family life.  The profile also gave me a good feel of her personality, almost like I know her. The only thing I think could be improved would to be focus on just one topic. We learned that a profile should focus on one specific topic about a person. The profile jumped around a lot with her pregnancy, adoption process, relationship, accomplishments as well as information about her mother. Talking about all of these things made it interesting but I still think it would follow the criteria of a profile better if they would focus on solely one topic about Angelina Jolie’s life.



No comments:

Post a Comment